We know children love music - they love hearing it, moving to it, and above all, they love making it! Music can also have a huge impact on your child's development. A Music Together® class is a fun, casual, and interactive way to help develop your child's musical growth, while supporting physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth. Want to find out more? Join us and see for yourself how much difference your silly and soulful participation in our classes can make in your child's life. All family members and nannies are welcome!
To see a mixed age class in action, check out this wonderful video at musictogether.com
Rhythm Kids® Level 1
Rhythm Kids® Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.