Music Together® offers its Mixed Ages class because child development researchers have found that grouping together children of varying ages fosters natural, family-style learning. Children are inspired and stimulated through interaction with peers of different ages: younger children watch and imitate older ones, older children lead younger ones, and adults are happy because their children are in class together. Plus, any or all of your child's caregivers—parents, grandparents, nannies—can come share in the experience, both in class and at home. The whole family is welcome!
For Babies: With Music Together®, you can learn lots of musical ways to interact and bond with your new baby, while supporting her development in these important early years. Your baby’s musicality is just waiting to blossom, and now is the time to give it the loving care it needs. Your baby will engage at his own level, vocalizing, moving, listening, observing, and exploring musical instruments.
For Toddlers: When you bring the power of music into your toddler’s life with Music Together®, you offer them a playful learning environment that is also immediately accessible. We provide children a wealth of musical experiences to share with the grownups who love them, as the adults learn to continue the play at home. With songs in a range of musical styles—lyrical to blues, world music to folk, along with fun and developmentally appropriate activities, your toddler receives a rich music experience that stimulates and supports their growing skills and understanding.
For Preschoolers: Your preschooler has the chance to be a role model for younger children in our Mixed-age Class, which builds your child’s confidence and leadership skills. Different learning styles are embraced in a musically rich environment that welcomes a preschoolers' participation, however they choose to engage with it. Music Together stimulates and supports your three-, four-, or five-year-old's growing musical creativity, enthusiasm, and skills.
Schedule a Trial class
To see a mixed age class in action, check out this wonderful video at musictogether.com
Babies Only - Birth- 6 months:
* Newborn-6 months
* Dancing with and for your baby
*Gain insight on how to be musical even with an infant
* Meet wonderful new mothers and fathers
Rhythm Kids Level 1
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
Rhythm KIds Level 2
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
• learn multicultural drumming patterns;
• develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
• explore movement and dance while singing songs;
• play games based on music and drumming;
• have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum. Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.